What does the time you spend onrecruitment cost your company? Finding the right people can be very time consuming as well as potentially costly. There are a number of top time wasters that can have a big impact on a company’s performance.
Which one is yours?
- Strategy: Obviously a very important aspect of HR, but due to time constraints this is often focused purely on getting things done and meeting targets rather than on planning and reviews.
- HR policy: Developing and agreeing policy is an essential activity, but also time heavy because of the involvement of high level HR professionals and the paperwork involved.
- Training: Training and development activities take up a high level of time/cost for an organisation.
- Recruitment: Core recruitment activities demand a high level of time and cost.
- HR issues – Proactive: Proactive strategic activities can be very time-heavy.
- HR issues – Reactive: This is potentially the achilles’ heel of an HR team’s activities – responding and reacting to the day to day issues that come up and fire fighting in response to specific issues.